Tuna and broccoli delicious pasta





Anytime I go to the gym I cannot stop thinking of that particular moment when I get home exhausted from my fitness session and look forward to eat some nicely filling food.. I personally find hard to avoid snacking while the food gets ready, and this is why I rely on quickly and easy recipes that bring flavors and nutrients to my hungry body in no time.
This super yummy pasta takes 20 minutes to be made and it is better than any (nasty) fast food you could even think to waste your sacrifice on. The whole meal pasta provides carbs, to make you happy and full for long, the tuna kicks in proteins to repair the muscles and the broccoli add fibers and nice texture. Broccoli are one of my favorite ingredients: they also contain a compound called sulphoraphane, which can function as an anti-cancer agent, vitamis C,  beta carotene and folate. And surprise, surprise: 100g broccoli has only 120kJ!!! I also added a bit of sundried tomatoes  I spied in my fridge to give a nice color and twist to the dish.
This is also a very affordable recipe and can feed up to 5 people with less than 15 dollars (aussie dollars:).
So if someone out there can find a cheaper and healthier take away than this it will be on me, I promise!

Ingredients for 4 plus an unexpected guest or a nice next day’s lunch leftover:

500 gr Whole meal penne
4 spoons Olive oil
2 medium broccoli
2 cloves garlic
2 brown onions
10 sundried tomatoes, halved
300 gr tuna
pepper
smoked chilli
dry oregano
Maldon salt

In a high pan bring 6 litres of cold water to the boil. Cut the broccoli and add them to the boiling water with 1 spoon of Maldon salt.
In another frying pan heat the oil, add crushed garlic, onions and herbs. Cook till golden brown than add drained tuna. Keep cooking for 6-7 minutes.
Add the pasta to the broccoli and cook it for 9 minutes. It will be perfectly al dente. Drain the pasta and the broccoli and add them to the tuna mix. Bring back on the heat, add sundried tomatoes and toss for 1 minute. Serve with some raw olive oil and ground pepper. This pasta is amazing also served cold or reheated with a spoon of mashed avocado.