Guilt-free Banana bread

 


Today I woke up in a great mood and all I wanted to do is to make a special breakfast for the person I was enjoying my lovely Sunday with..I ended up toasting organic bread and spread it with Macadamia butter and jam, but I promise this is the recipe that will make your guests and loved ones happy and smiley for the rest of the day..
Banana bread is in fact one of the most loved morning treats here in Australia, while in Italy is something just a few people have heard about. As usual I have decided to make a (smart??) fusion between my gastronomic background and my adopted one, and the result is a moist, light and delicious bread that will amuse the kids, reassure the adults and nourish the body for a good couple of hours. The cafè style banana bread I have tried here is honestly a bit of a liver threat, in the meaning that it drops saturated fats and excess sugar from any crumbs of it. It tastes decadent but also makes me feel so. Not a good way to feel about food at all. So in my desperate attempt to save the banana bread lovers and myself from feeling and looking unhealthily guilty, I have redesigned this recipe and can't wait to share it with the rest of the planet.

Ingredients

- 135 gr Whole meal flour
- 50 gr White flour
- 100 gr Whole meal Rye flour
- 60 gr delicate Olive oil
- 70 gr Raw sugar
- 70 gr Honey
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 very ripped bananas, mashed
- 150 gr White unsweetened yoghurt *
- 50 gr of Milk*
- 12 gr vanilla baking powder
- hint of cinnamon
- lemon rind (optional)

* Use 200 ml of Soy/Almond/Oat/Rice milk for those who prefers a diary free version


Follow this procedure and the good result is guaranteed:

Preheat the oven for 30' at 200°.
Mash the bananas, mix them with oil, beaten eggs, honey, yoghurt and milk.
In another bowl, mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and lemon rind.
Fold the wet mixture in the dry one and mix it well.
Bake in a medium capacity bread tin covered with baking paper for 50' at 185°.
Make the stick test before ending the cooking time.
Cool for 30', and simply enjoy:)