Quinoa, blueberry, banana and spinach smoothie







Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day for me. I try to stay light at night time, so I always wake up very hungry in the morning..

First thing I do is to make myself a big cup of hot water, to which I add the juice of a half a lemon and a pinch of cinnamon. The lemon has cleansing properties, helps diuresis and kicks in good quantity of vitamin C (so you don't need any supplement), while the cinnamon increases metabolism and regulates sugar levels, avoiding cravings later on the day. After 10 minutes I had my magic drink, I just can't wait any more for putting some food in my starved tummy!! In fact, after a night of sleep, our body is in need of a good meal that can help us start the day in the best way possible. I personally try to stick to low Gi options, and lately I am trying to partially replace diary with some no-animal proteins and what the big nutrition gurus call 'alternative grains'. Once again I can't hide my passion for gluten free grains, such as quinoa, amaranth or buckwheat. They are packed with proteins, amino acids and they are very low in calories, whilst providing long term energy and exceptional taste. They are also an amazing alternative to those who are intolerant or just not big fan of gluten. Awesome.
Well, this smoothie has all you want to nourish your body: it contains banana, blueberries, spinach, rice milk, quinoa and flaxseed oil..this means it is packed with vitamins, potassium, iron, proteins, omega 3, anti oxidants, good carbs and obviously flavor!!
Can't tick more boxes than this.. 
Oh maybe yes: it takes literally five minutes to be made!
Fast healthy food revolution!!
I have added a a bit of natural unsweetened muesli on top and a teaspoon of organic maple syrup, but believe me it's good even without those.
Try it and I promise you'll never be able to give it up! 
Ah, kids will love it too :)

Ingredients for a big smoothie:

1 banana
100 gr frozen blueberries
a handful of baby spinach
150 ml of rice milk or almond milk
3 spoons of cooked quinoa
4 ice cubes
1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil

To finish:

1 teaspoon of organic maple syrup
2 spoons of natural unsweetened natural muesli 


Easiest recipe ever:
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender
2. Blend for 1 minute
3. Enjoy the beginning of a new day with a healthier body and a happy mind